Bahrain firms' capital investment tops $40bn
Manama, February 5, 2014
Total capital investment of registered companies in Bahrain is now more than $40 billion, a growth of nearly 20 per cent since 2008.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro said this on the ministry's participation at the Gulf Industry Fair 2014.
At the fair, the ministry is represented by the Industrial Area Directorate and the Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP).
"The participation highlights the most important services provided by the ministry to the industry sector in the kingdom," Dr Fakhro said.
The BIIP is one of the most important facilities in the kingdom with total industrial land of 2.5 million sqm. More than 85 per cent of the area is rented with total investments of $1.8 billion, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"BIIP continues to welcome high value-added projects and the creation of job opportunities for Bahrainis," the minister said.
Leading companies at the BIIP include Mondelez International, Siemens, MTQ, BASF, RMA, JPF as well as regional firms such as Abahsain Fiberglass, and CPIC.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai