Zayani Polymer unveils 'green' products at GIF
Manama, February 6, 2014
Zayani Polymer Factory, part of JA Zayani and Sons Group, unveiled its wide range of 'eco-friendly' products, from sacks and bags to house films and construction rolls, at the Gulf Industry Fair.
A regular exhibitor at the Gulf Industry Fair since 2011, Zayani manufactures polypropylene woven sacks, polyethylene greenhouse sheets, construction rolls, shopping bags, garbage bags and plastic packaging on three lines at its state-of-the-art factory in Bahrain International Investment Park, Hidd, using European technology and environment-friendly processes.
“The main aim of our participation in the fair is to showcase our capabilities to the local market,” stated Varghese Karakkal, the general manager of Zayani Polymer Factory.
“We are a leading manufacturer of polypropylene woven sacks, with an output capacity of 40 million tonnes per year. About 90 per cent of it is exported to GCC countries and the wider Middle East, while the rest is supplied to local customers such as Bahrain Flour Mills, Delmon Poultry, Arabian Sugar Company and local traders,” explained Karakkal.
“We also manufacture 5,000 tonnes per year of polyethylene film used in agricultural greenhouses, with the majority exported to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Iraq. Thirdly, we manufacture polyethylene film for the construction industry as well as for general purpose use, with all waste by-products are recycled,” he added
On the displayed items, Karakkal said its polypropylene woven sacks are heavy-duty, dust-proof bags resistant to water, oil, tear and puncture.
They are suitable for packing and shipping wheat, rice, sugar, seeds, fertiliser, cement, spare parts, rocks, chains and metal alloys. They can be produced for a wide range of weight capacities and in any colour, said the Zayani Polymer official.
The company’s current annual production capacity of PP sacks stands at 40 million.
Karakkal pointed out that its polyethylene greenhouse sheets and films are widely used in the agricultural sector for smart vegetation to protect plants from harsh weather conditions and to boost production. The company can produce 5,000 tonnes of these products annually, he stated.
In addition, Zayani Polymer can produce films up to 900 cm wide, which is one of the largest single-width size available in the Middle East, said the official, adding that the company will also start producing printed shopping bags in the coming months following an expansion of its facilities.
According to him, Zayani Polymer places high priority on protecting the environment. “Everything we produce is recyclable. In fact, we have zero-waste at our factory,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu