Globe Express UAE revenue up 27pc
Dubai, 22 days ago
Globe Express Services (GES), a leading logistics provider, said its gross revenue for its UAE operations has increased by 27 per cent in 2013, as compared to the previous year.
The results were buoyed by the rapid growth of, and positive outlook on, the Middle East’s logistics and transport sectors, said a statement.
The local sector is expected to further expand by Dh37 billion ($10.1 billion) amid the influx of infrastructural and commercial projects, it said.
The UAE Government has been providing support to sustain the growth and further strengthen the sector. Government-backed international trade events have been held to showcase the UAE’s world-class air cargo, freight transport, ports management, and materials handling facilities.
Mustapha Kawam, managing director-Gulf, said: “We share the positive sentiments on the UAE’s transport and logistics sectors as we see growing industry opportunities across the region. The influx of infrastructural and commercial projects in Dubai and the rest of the UAE are definitely driving this growth."
"We look forward to further strengthening our presence in the region as we push ahead with our plans to further boost our services to address growing market demand,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event