New helicopter maintenance firm set up
Abu Dhabi, 11 days ago
A new helicopter maintenance and spare parts company, Awas, has been formed in a partnership between Abu Dhabi Aviation, the region leading specialised helicopter company, and AgustaWestland, a leading helicopter designing and manufacturing company.
The announcement came during the first day of Abu Dhabi Air Expo 2014, which opened yesterday (Feb 25). The event runs till February 27.
The new company, which is operating from the Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (Adafz), is the result of a strategic partnership between the two companies, said Nadder Ahmed Al-Hamadi , Abu Dhabi aviation CEO.
The new partnership will provide expertise, skills and technical and logistic support in the helicopter field, in addition to a high maintenance level for more than 150 AgustaWestland helicopters in the Gulf and Middle East region.
"Awas will enhance Abu Dhabi Aviation's capabilities and constitutes a leap forward in the quality of services provided to its customers. Taking into consideration that AgustaWestland helicopters are widely used by Abu Dhabi Police, Dubai Police Air wing, Oman Police, Lebanese Air Force, Royal Jordanian Air Force, and Aramco of Saudi Arabia, we will not only be able to expand the coverage of services we provide to our customers, but also attract new customers,” Nadder added.
Mark Thistlethwaite, CEO Awas, said the company brings added value to the UAE in terms of aircraft technical knowledge transfer, and will pave the way to a long term commercial partnership with the UAE aviation sector.
The company will be provide its services 24 hours a day. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events