Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
Dubai, March 9, 2014
The Dow Chemical Company will showcase its portfolio of technologies and solutions for the coatings and construction industries at the 2014 Middle East Coatings Show (MECS) opening tomorrow (March 10) in Dubai.
The show will be held in Dubai until March 12 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Dow businesses will come together at the show to demonstrate how their technologies can advance customers’ success by helping them to develop formulations that deliver desired performance such as extending application seasons, improving air quality, enhancing the light-scattering properties of titanium dioxide and ensuring product stability over time.
“We have participated in MECS for ten years. The show continues to be an excellent platform for Dow to showcase its capabilities as a total solutions provider for formulators serving the region’s coatings and building and construction industry,” said Omar Ayoub, regional sales leader, Dow Coating Materials.
“We also look forward to the enriching interactions we have at this show with our strategic and potential customers, interactions that help drive our regional R&D efforts and lead to world class innovation.”
Innovations to be presented at MECS include:
• Evoque Pre-Composite Polymer, an advanced hiding technology that improves the particle distribution and light-scattering efficiency of TiO2 up to 20 per cent in paint, thus having a significant impact on carbon footprint
• Acrysol next generation thickener, a highly efficient rheology modifier range for interior and exterior paint, offering advantages as viscosity retention in tinting systems, low cost in use and high compatibility in low VOC systems
• Primal AC Acrylic Emulsion, 100 percent acrylic emulsion paint binders for high quality exterior and interior paints
• Fastrack Acrylic Emulsion for water-borne road-marking paint
• Cool Reflective Roof Coating technology: reducing over-heating in buildings by use of cool reflective roof coating
• Walocel Xact: next generation of cellulose ethers powers mechanical strength properties for high performance tile adhesives
• Waterproofing Membranes: flexible cementitious waterproofing membranes for superior cement performance
Dow Consumer & Industrial Solutions will showcase its AMP Multifunctional Neutralizer technology, which offers a wide range of benefits across the coating life cycle for both customers and consumers. – TradeArabia News Service