18 Iranian tourists among dead in Thai crash
Bangkok, September 18, 2007
Eighteen Iranian tourists were among 89 people killed when a Thai budget airliner crashed on the resort island of Phuket on Sunday, an Iranian diplomat said.
The dead, among 24 Iranians on a tour, included four children and two couples on their honeymoon, Safdar Safiee, an Iranian consular official in Thailand, told Reuters on Tuesday.
The six survivors are in hospital, he said. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Over 60 killed in Iraq car bombings
- Netanyahu hints at further strikes in Syria
- $590m jackpot winning ticket sold in Florida
- Texas joins flood of states suing BP
- Switzerland close to deal in US tax dispute
- Israel warns against Russia arms supply to Syria
- Yahoo! may buy Tumblr for $1.1bn
- US orders Canadian bank to revise laws
- Talks unlikely to succeed says Assad
- IILM seeks dealers for sukuk issue