Nigerian militants say 'Shell pipeline destroyed'
Lagos, September 20, 2008
The main militant group in Nigeria's oil-producing Niger Delta said on Saturday it had destroyed a major oil pipeline belonging to Royal Dutch Shell, the latest strike in its campaign against the industry.
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) said it had attacked the pipeline at Buguma Front in Rivers state late on Friday. It was not immediately possible to confirm the attack. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- World shares tumble on Fed jitters
- EU industrial output falls sharply in Oct
- Kuwait spy chief worried by Iraq turmoil
- US lawmakers push to introduce new Iran bill
- Yemen close to $550m IMF loan deal
- 3 more Swiss banks join US tax deal
- US, Britain suspend aid to Northern Syria
- Iran to set date for IAEA visit to uranium mine
- Gulf leaders urged to launch Syria aid fund
- Iran, six powers meet on steps to carry out nuclear deal