18 dead in Iraq car bombing
Baghdad, December 27, 2008
At least eighteen people were killed and 22 others were wounded in a car bomb in a Shi'ite district of northwestern Baghdad on Saturday, police said.
The blast occurred at a bus station in the Kadhimiya district, police said, adding that the death toll may rise.
Violence has dropped sharply in Iraq over the past year, but car bombs, assassinations and other attacks still occur routinely in the capital and elsewhere.
On December 17, successive bomb blasts in central Baghdad killed 18 people and wounded over 50.-Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- World shares tumble on Fed jitters
- EU industrial output falls sharply in Oct
- Kuwait spy chief worried by Iraq turmoil
- US lawmakers push to introduce new Iran bill
- Yemen close to $550m IMF loan deal
- 3 more Swiss banks join US tax deal
- US, Britain suspend aid to Northern Syria
- Iran to set date for IAEA visit to uranium mine
- Gulf leaders urged to launch Syria aid fund
- Iran, six powers meet on steps to carry out nuclear deal