Iran hands over response on nuclear fuel deal
Tehran, October 29, 2009
Iran has presented its response on a UN-drafted nuclear fuel deal to the head of the International Atomic Energy Organisation (IAEA), Mohamed ElBaradei, Iran's state al Alam television reported on Thursday.
Iran's Arabic-language satellite station quoted Tehran's ambassador to the IAEA, Ali Asghar Soltanieh, as saying it was necessary to take into consideration Iran's technical and economic observations in the course of the discussions.
Soltanieh said Iran would continue talks about the supply of nuclear fuel to a Tehran research reactor with a positive attitude, al Alam added.
Iranian officials were not immediate available for comment on the report. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Europe braces for deadly hurricane Xaver
- 11 killed in Iraq mall attack
- EU slaps $2.3bn fine on top banks
- US lawmakers worried over Iran's enrichment ability
- HK, Malaysia eye closer Islamic finance ties
- Hezbollah blames Israel for commander killing
- EPA fracking study could hurt energy boom
- Arafat didn't die of poisoning, says French report
- Ukraine protesters threaten tighter blockade
- Investigator close to naming Arafat death suspects