Pakistani Taliban behind bomb bid: US
Washington, May 9, 2010
US Attorney General Eric Holder said on Sunday that the Pakistani Taliban was behind the attempted Times Square car bombing in New York.
"We've now developed evidence that show the Pakistani Taliban was behind the attack," Holder said in an interview on ABC television's "This Week."
Holder said there was nothing to suggest that the government of Pakistan was aware that Faisal Shahzad, 30, a naturalised American citizen born in Pakistan, intended to make the attempt.
Shahzad was arrested last Monday, two days after authorities say he parked a crude car bomb in New York's busy Times Square. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Iran eyes better UAE ties after nuke deal
- Blatter calls for calm over Qatar 2022 problems
- German factory orders fall 2 per cent
- US upbeat as jobless rate hits five-year low
- US ‘does not recognize China's air defence zone’
- Brent edges over $111; eyes on US jobs data
- NELSON MANDELA HAS DIED
- Europe braces for deadly hurricane Xaver
- 11 killed in Iraq mall attack
- EU slaps $2.3bn fine on top banks