Colombian plane crashes on landing, one dead
Bogota, August 16, 2010
A Colombian passenger jet operated by local airline Aires crashed while landing during a storm on San Andres island early on Monday, killing one passenger and injuring 114, air force authorities said.
The Boeing 737 passenger plane, which was carrying 121 passengers and six crew members, was arriving on the Caribbean resort island when it crashed short of the runway.
The plane had bee hit by lightning before crashing. 'It was a miracle that only one person died, an official said.
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- SAfricans remember Mandela with praise, prayers
- UN inspectors visit key Iran nuke site
- Ice storm causes blackouts, flight delays in US
- Ruling Congress party punished in India polls
- US proposes annual GCC defence summit
- Iran eyes better UAE ties after nuke deal
- Blatter calls for calm over Qatar 2022 problems
- German factory orders fall 2 per cent
- US upbeat as jobless rate hits five-year low
- US ‘does not recognize China's air defence zone’