Saudi killed in Karachi consulate attack
Karachi, Pakistan, May 16, 2011
Gunmen attacked a car belonging to the Saudi Arabian consulate in the Pakistani city of Karachi on Monday killing a Saudi national, police said.
The attack came days after unidentified attackers threw two hand grenades at the Saudi consulate in the city, Pakistan's commercial hub. No one as hurt in that attack.
Al Qaeda is violently opposed to the Saudi government and has vowed revenge for the killing of its leader Osama bin Laden, by US special forces in Pakistan on May 2. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Iran, powers to resume nuclear talks after snag
- BP flags Gulf of Mexico find, $1bn Brazil writedown
- Citi, Merill Lynch face US fraud charges
- India hardens stand in diplomat arrest row
- Ukraine's president under pressure over Russia bailout
- 500 feared dead in South Sudan clashes
- UK to launch shale gas licencing
- Indian parliament approves key anti-graft bill
- Syria region excluded from polio vaccine drive
- Row deepens over Indian diplomat's arrest in US