Iran to allow IAEA visit Parchin military site
Tehran, March 6, 2012
Iran said it will give the UN nuclear watchdog access to its Parchin military complex, news agency ISNA reported on Tuesday.
"The fact that Parchin is a military site and accessing it has a time consuming process, therefore the visit cannot be allowed frequently ... Once again we will allow the IAEA to visit it one more time," Iran's representative office in Vienna said in a statement, according to ISNA.
An IAEA report last year said that Iran had built a large containment chamber at Parchin, southeast of Tehran, in which to conduct high-explosives tests that the IAEA says are "strong indicators" of possible weapons development. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- US senate backs arming Syrian rebels
- Home Depot net income hits $1.2bn
- EU regulators to cap bankers' bonuses
- Gold extends losses on firm dollar
- Qatar fund to invest $500m in Russia's VTB
- Israel fires back at Syria after troops targeted
- Monster tornado kills 51 in Oklahoma town
- Over 60 killed in Iraq car bombings
- Netanyahu hints at further strikes in Syria
- $590m jackpot winning ticket sold in Florida