Greek conservative leader to become PM
Athens, June 20, 2012
Greek conservative leader Antonis Samaras will be sworn in as prime minister later on Wednesday, an official in the Greek president's office said.
Samaras, whose New Democracy party won Sunday's election, is forming a government with the backing of the Socialist Pasok and the smaller Democratic Left parties.
Samaras is due to meet President Karolos Papoulias at 1300 GMT, after which he will be sworn in, said the official, who declined to be named.-Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Home Depot net income hits $1.2bn
- EU regulators to cap bankers' bonuses
- Gold extends losses on firm dollar
- Qatar fund to invest $500m in Russia's VTB
- Israel fires back at Syria after troops targeted
- Monster tornado kills 51 in Oklahoma town
- Over 60 killed in Iraq car bombings
- Netanyahu hints at further strikes in Syria
- $590m jackpot winning ticket sold in Florida
- Texas joins flood of states suing BP