40 killed in Aleppo explosions
Beirut, October 3, 2012
At least 40 people were killed and 90 wounded in a series of explosions in the centre of the northern Syrian city of Aleppo on Wednesday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said, citing medical sources.
State television said four blasts ripped through Aleppo's main Saadallah al-Jabiri Square and a fifth struck a few hundred metres away, on the fringes of the Old City where rebels and forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad have been fighting. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Bond, shares tumble as Fed signals end to stimulus
- Floods wreak havoc in India; over 150 dead
- Afghan government to shun US talks with Taliban
- Gold falls to 2-month lows on stimulus outlook
- World Bank watching Fed, ready to respond
- Blast hits Syrian port of Latakia
- Asian business sentiment upbeat in Q2, says survey
- Lebanese minister accuses Syria of 'ethnic cleansing'
- US to meet Taliban to seek Afghan peace
- Taliban 'ready for Afghan peace talks'