Greek PM eyes Qatar investments
Doha, November 21, 2012
Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras will be visiting Qatar next week to discuss investment opportunities inside Greece, a Greek embassy spokesman in Doha said.
Samaras will meet Qatar's Emir and prime minister as well as top officials from Qatar's sovereign wealth fund to discuss investment possibilities in the struggling Mediterranean economy, including equity participation in Greek state-owned companies, he stated on Tuesday.
"They will definitely discuss Qatari investment in Greece. This is the main goal of the trip. Equity participation in state companies that are being privatised, the state lottery and Depa, the public natural gas company, this is what Greece will present to the prime minister," he said.
The chief executives of Greece's two largest banks, National Bank of Greece and Alpha Bank, are also accompanying the delegation, he said. Other topics to be discussed include how Greek companies can participate in infrastructure projects in Qatar, he added.-Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Gold extends losses on firm dollar
- Qatar fund to invest $500m in Russia's VTB
- Israel fires back at Syria after troops targeted
- Monster tornado kills 51 in Oklahoma town
- Over 60 killed in Iraq car bombings
- Netanyahu hints at further strikes in Syria
- $590m jackpot winning ticket sold in Florida
- Texas joins flood of states suing BP
- Switzerland close to deal in US tax dispute
- Israel warns against Russia arms supply to Syria