Opennet gets new Mena GM
Dubai, June 28, 2007
Opennet Middle East & Africa has appointed David Allinson as its new general manager for Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
Opennet is a leading distributor and certified training centre of Red Hat Linux products for GCC, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and all African French-speaking countries.
Allison will be responsible for reorganising and streamlining its Middle East operations.
"'I look forward to applying my experience and knowledge of enterprise computing and software distribution to further develop existing and new markets for Red Hat the Open Source leader," said the new GM.
According to Allinson, the Open Source was fast gaining momentum in the Enterprise Computing space in the region.
Allinson brings with him over 25 years of experience in the field of business development and in senior management positions in the IT industry at the UK, Cayman Islands and the Middle East.
From his beginnings in 1981 as a product marketing consultant at Texas Instruments, he has worked in the IT industry with many well known organisations including Ashton Tate, Novell, IBM and Xerox.
His last assignment in the Middle East was with Online Distribution as divisional director.
Anis Krichen, Financial Manager, Opennet MEA said, 'David has a wealth of experience in growing and developing businesses, creating winning strategies to strengthen their position in their individual market segments.
His appointment is part of the company's new expansion strategy which involves expanding the market penetration through our business partners, Krichen added. TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss