STC foreign call rates cut
Riyadh, July 2, 2007
Saudi Telecom Company (STC) is to cut the tariffs on weekend international calls by 40 per cent throughout the summer, the company said.
The discount will cover landline and mobile calls from Thursday afternoon to midnight on Friday between July 5 and September 28, it said in a statement.
With hundreds of thousands of Saudis and expatriates leaving the kingdom to escape the summer heat, telecom operators are looking for ways to maintain revenue on international calls by encouraging those who stay behind to make more calls.
The operators, Saudi Telecom and Etihad Etisalat are also battling competition from by Web telephone operators such as Skype and Paypal, which offer low-cost international calls. Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- ICT solutions 'key to knowledge development'
- Morocco plans 4G mobile licence tenders
- Intel CEO shakes up units; new group set up
- Batelco CEO leaves; former boss steps in
- Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
- Most firms ‘not curbing external software’
- Plextor launches high-performance SSD
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival