Serco honoured at Suppliers Forum
Dubai , July 14, 2007
Serco, the leading global services company, was honoured at the ninth Annual Suppliers Forum.
Dubai Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) president Shaikh Ahmad bin Saeed Al Maktoum graced the awards ceremony.
For more than 40 years, Serco has provided aviation services and technology solutions to Dubai International Airport.
'This award reinforces that, through 60 years of experience in the Middle East, Serco has established a reputation for providing superior services in all aeronautical disciplines,' said chairman, Serco Middle East, David McGhie.
The DCA manages the Dubai International Airport, the fastest growing airport in the Middle East region. In 2006, approximately 29 million air passengers were safely and efficiently transported through Dubai International Airport, thanks to the expertise of DCA personnel and Serco air traffic controllers.
Internationally, Serco was also awarded for its standard of performance and service at the London Transport Awards. Docklands Light Railway and its operator Serco Docklands received the Transport Team / Partnership of the Year Award.
Serco has run the DLR since 1997 and this year was awarded a second franchise to operate, maintain and market the system through the Olympic Games and beyond.Trade Arabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite