MTC may shift headquarters to Bahrain
Manama, August 28, 2007
Bahrain is set to become the headquarters of the regional telecoms giant MTC Group, reports said.
An MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain) spokesperson today said more details will be revealed at a press conference on September 8.
The group is also expected to launch a rebranding exercise, which is expected to include a new name.
The group has its headquarters now in Kuwait.
Bahrain News Agency yesterday reported that MTC Vodafone chief executive Dr Ahmed Al Shatti told an Arabic newspaper the firm would transfer the headquarters for dealing with its 20 million subscribers in 21 countries to Bahrain in the first quarter of next year.
Among the reasons cited by Dr Al Shatti was what he called Bahrain's "ideal business climate" and its status as the financial centre of the Gulf region. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates