Juniper expands Ethernet portfolio
Dubai, October 3, 2007
Juniper Networks has expanded its Carrier Ethernet portfolio with new platforms, system hardware and software enhancements.
The expansion is designed to enable efficient and cost-effective deployment of Ethernet networks and services by services providers, including those in the Middle East, said a senior Juniper official.
With the new MX240 and MX480 Ethernet Services Routers, the MX-series now delivers industry-leading performance and scale in a range of compact, efficient form factors.
Juniper, the leader in high-performance networking, also announced a suite of new Dense Port Concentrator (DPC) cards that maximise MX-series system flexibility, enabling providers in the region and elsewhere to drive new sources of revenue while reducing cost and complexity.
'When Juniper recently introduced the MX960, we established new levels of performance, scale and reliability previously unseen in the Carrier Ethernet market, and truly raised the bar for Carrier Ethernet,' said regional director, Juniper Networks MEA, Mohamad Abdul Malak.
With the MX-series, Juniper is delivering the industry's broadest range of next-generation Carrier Ethernet platforms, which allows customers - including wireline service providers, MSOs, wireless operators and large data centers - to deploy the optimally sized Ethernet platform to meet a range of requirements.
The MX-series is fully policy-enabled via tight integration with the Session and Resource Control portfolio. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet