Trapeze kicks off WLAN seminar series
Riyadh, December 11, 2007
Trapeze Networks, the award-winning wireless connectivity provider, has kicked off a series of seminars on wireless local area network (WLAN) technology throughout Saudi Arabia.
It is part of the company’s ongoing efforts to complement Saudi Arabia’s aggressive ICT adoption process.
A large turnout distinguished the first seminar held at the Le Meridian Hotel in Khobar (December 8) and the second at the Holiday Inn Riyadh (December 10). Another seminar will be held at the Westin Jeddah on December 12.
“Saudi Arabia’s ICT development is growing so fast, however we are finding that many organisations do not have the ICT infrastructure in place to reap the benefits of the technology advancements. We provide the first and only enterprise wireless solutions that enables massively scalable voice over WLAN and other demanding mobile applications, indoors and out, which enables enterprises to deploy advanced mobile applications on a truly enterprise scale and at the lowest cost,” said regional manager, Trapeze Networks, Feras Zeidan.
The seminars’ chief presenter is channel training manager of Trapeze in the EMEA region Dr Peter Dahl who discusses Trapeze’s WLAN technology, including the ‘intelligent switching’ architecture.
This technology enables customers to combine both centralised and distributed data forwarding based on the needs of the underlying application, resulting in an optimised traffic flow, peak performance and massive scalability to support advanced wireless applications.
The Road Show is being held only weeks after Trapeze signed a partnership agreement with Gulf Gaihab International (GGI) that will see GGI become Trapeze's value-added distributor in Saudi Arabia. The deal is expected to further enhance Trapeze Networks' coverage of the Saudi market through GGI's broad customer base.
“As one of Saudi’s top 100 companies, we are well versed with the benefits of innovative wireless network solutions and their effect on improving business communications and productivity. This is why we are encouraging all businesses interested in enhancing their ICT capabilities, especially those in the hospitality and education sectors, to attend this valuable event,” said business manager – IT and Communication, GGI, Hani Bitar.
Trapeze Networks, an industry-leading wireless local area network solutions provider, was established in March 2002 with two simple goals: to provide enterprise-wide seamless mobility and meet network manager and IT staff requirements. More than 2,000 organisations worldwide have adopted the provider’s WLAN technology.
The company’s Smart Mobile wireless solution recently won the 2007 Frost & Sullivan Award for Industry Innovation & Advancement of the Year. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase