Etisalat readies new fibre network
Abu Dhabi, January 16, 2008
Etisalat has announced the completion of the first phase of its new fibre network that will bring last-mile connectivity for homes and businesses in the country.
Etisalat’s new fibre network Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) will cater to the current customer needs more efficiently and will help meet future requirements for ultra-high bandwidth applications in addition to offering a significantly-enhanced experience for its business and residential customers, said a Etisalat official.
“We are very excited about the possibilities that have now been thrown open through this delivery model. Our plan is to deploy this next generation network in stages across the UAE, Ahmad Abdulkarim Julfar, chief operating officer, Etisalat, said.
“The end result will mean our customers will be able to access their preferred services more effectively. This technology has revolutionised the access to fixed-line services, and we are proud that the UAE is among the first countries in the world to enjoy this status. Providing the first batch of customers with last-mile FTTH access has been a milestone for us,” he observed.
According to industry experts, the FTTH Technology enables better service delivery in key areas such as high speed internet service, bringing customers speeds of up to 60Mbps, Telephony, IPTV (Advanced digital TV), and other high-bandwidth online experiences such as gaming and video on demand and video communications, all in one link.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'