Wednesday 22 October 2014
 
»
 
»
Story

Trend Micro sales rise to $848m

Manama, February 17, 2008

Internet content security provider Trend Micro has reported a double-digit growth in net sales in the year 2007.

The company posted a record consolidated net sales of $848 million in 2007, representing an annual growth rate of 17 per cent. It also reported operating income of $284 million and net income of $200 million during the same period.

Revenues from products and services sold to enterprise, mid-sized, and small business customers worldwide comprised 74 per cent of last year’s revenues; revenue from consumer products comprised the remaining 26 percent, the company said in a statement.

In fourth quarter, Trend Micro posted $231 million in net sales, representing 13 per cent growth in year-over-year and four percent growth over the third quarter. Operating income for the quarter was $73 million and net income was $46 million.

In the fourth quarter, Trend Micro continued to experience worldwide growth, the company said.

In North America, sales grew 21per cent annually while Europe saw a growth of 14 per cent year on year. In the Japan and Asia-Pacific regions, annual sales increased 8 and 12 per cent respectively, it added.

“Trend Micro is a technology company that succeeds because of its employees and I am proud of our people who have led us to this year’s past achievements,” said chief executive officer Eva Chen.

“Our customisable, multi-layered approach for inbound and outbound content security was enhanced through the introduction of products with Trend Micro Web reputation and in-the-cloud security Software-as-a-Service. The Provilla acquisition launched us into the data leak prevention and education. For 2008, Trend Micro will continue to battle the changing threat landscape with a service-oriented culture and a solution set whose main focus will always be the needs of our customers,” he said.

Consolidated net sales for the first quarter ending March 31, 2008, is expected to be $239million, the company said.

Operating income and net income are expected to be $62 million and $39 million respectively, it added. – TradeArabia News Service




Tags: Trend Micro | technology | growth | result |

More IT & Telecommunications Stories

calendarCalendar of Events

Ads