DIC benefits highlighted at GSM Congress
Dubai, February 26, 2008
Dubai Internet City (DIC), the largest managed ICT cluster in the region and a member of Tecom Investments, showcased its pioneering role in developing the regional ICT sector at the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona.
The DIC delegation led by director of sales at DIC Majed Al-Suwaidi and principal ICT consultant at DIC Woo Kim offered a brief presentation highlighting the value added services, networking opportunities and business development benefits that companies gain by being a component of the DIC cluster.
More than 230 chief executives and high-ranking government officials were among the 55,000 visitors who witnessed latest industry developments at the 3GSM World Congress.
The annual event fully captures the competitive forces, innovation, and the diversity that make up the global mobile industry. Leveraging the opportunity to meet with industry peers, the DIC delegation exchanged views and explored collaborative opportunities with some of the exhibiting companies on mutually beneficial projects.
“Events such as 3GSM Wold Congress in a mature market like Western Europe shed light on the latest innovations in GSM technologies. These include mobile broadband, money transfer through mobile phones, mobile TV and mobile advertising – areas that DIC is keen to expand further in the Middle East,” said Al-Suwaidi.
The ICT market in Spain and France registered a growth of four and a half per cent and three per cent respectively in 2007, according to European Information Technology Observatory (EITO).
The UK and Italy followed with three per cent and two per cent respectively, while the German ICT market grew by 1.4 per cent. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network