Batelco unit bags global award
Manama, March 5, 2008
Batelco's Jordanian subsidiary Umniah has won the GSM Association's Global People Initiative Award.
The award is part of the Mobile Innovation Global Awards, which took place at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
The award for enabling innovation through human capital and talent practices recognises the mobile operator which has implemented best practices promoting an environment where innovation is encouraged, facilitated, rewarded and achieved.
The prestigious award was presented to Umniah for its People Reward entry, which featured the company's people strategy and in particular its total reward programme.
Umniah chief executive officer Joseph Hanania thanked the employees for making the accomplishment of such an international feat a possibility.
'This achievement acknowledges the emphasis that Umniah places on its rich human capital of Jordanian minds and on setting international best practices, for which it has received universal acknowledgement, from the leading telecoms companies,' he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum