Axis names new EMEA chief
Dubai, March 23, 2008
Axis Communications, a leader in network video market, has named Lars Paulsson as regional director for the Europe, Middle East & Africa region (EMEA).
Paulsson brings more than 15 years of brand strategy and marketing expertise in international roles to Axis to further strengthen the company’s EMEA organisation, said a company statement.
The appointment reflects the importance of the EMEA region, where sales accounted for 51 per cent of Axis' total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2007 and where its network cameras dominate with a market leadership position of 46 per cent, it added.
As regional director EMEA, Paulsson will be responsible for the company’s strategy and business development across the region that generated a sales growth of 38 per cent in 2007.
Paulsson is looking forward to supporting the EMEA team to maintain the positive growth trend and retain regional leader status in the changing network video market.
Gilles Ortega, country manager, Axis Communications, Mena said Paulsson was an industry expert with management experience in an international landscape.
"His experience and knowledge will be critical to continue leading the network video market with our partners,” he added.
Paulsson has held various marketing and sales positions within Assa Abloy, a manufacturer and supplier of door opening solutions, most recently as vice president of marketing and product management with global responsibilities for the company’s brands Besam, EntreMatic and Dorman.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president