Dubai to host Microsoft SharePoint Conference
Dubai, April 5, 2008
Microsoft will be hosting the first edition of the Microsoft SharePoint Conference in Dubai.
The world-class, two-day conference will be attended by an audience of over 400 business and IT professionals and will showcase the latest innovations, features and functionality of Microsoft SharePoint products and technologies.
Based on the theme of “Real world guidance and experience”, the event will feature high-level executive speakers from Microsoft as well as customers and partners who will share best practices on building and deploying business critical applications on the SharePoint platform.
The first event is being held on April 7and 8 at the Al Bustan Rotana hotel in Dubai.
Office SharePoint Server 2007 is Microsoft’s enterprise solution for organisations that want to increase productivity and reduce information overload by providing employees, partners and customers the ability to find relevant content in a wide range of repositories and formats.
“Organisations are constantly looking for solutions that help businesses harness the power of a global work force and tackle the challenges that come with the explosive growth of digital information. With Microsoft SharePoint, users can experience the collaboration and information management capabilities that the technology delivers,” said information worker, Business Group Lead, Microsoft Gulf, Sabah Corm.
With SharePoint, organisations can easily leverage their knowledge capital of enterprise data, human expertise, process knowledge and content to operate with greater agility in a dynamic and complex world.
Danat, a leading online content provider in the Gulf adopted the technology in an aim to create the largest online Arabic marketplace. Using Office SharePoint Server, Danat has been able to create a portal that expresses the company’s unique look and feel, improves the customer experience and helps streamline the project process - all at a reasonable cost to the company.
The soft launch of www.logta.com was the first step and the company relied on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server’s improved collaboration tools to develop a highly customizable online user interface. Danat has been using the Sharepoint platform to also support its first online portal www.argaam.com over the last one year.
With Sharepoint Server 2007, Microsoft has also delivered on its promise of Enterprise Search. Search Server allows users to quickly and easily locate relevant content distributed across a wide range of sites and document libraries.
In Office SharePoint Server 2007, search results are delivered quickly and relevance is tuned for enterprise and line-of-business data. It provides a user-friendly search experience with all the features of SharePoint Server 2007 and can be integrated with other Office system products to help users easily find and share information. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum