Dimension Data eyes key ME role
Dubai, April 8, 2008
Dimension Data, a leading global IT services and solutions provider, is looking to bring its international expertise of 25 years to service the region’s booming IT market.
With more than 74 per cent of the global fortune 100 and 60 per cent of the fortune 500 companies as its clients, Dimension Data has an annual revenue of $3.8 billion.
High oil prices boosting government capital, e-government drives, and the pressure to convert oil revenue into diversified economic sectors are dictating the changing role of IT in the region, said a company official.
With exceptional factors shaping the growth of the Middle East IT sector, and regional companies increasingly turning global for best practice solutions, successful implementation of IT solutions is key to maintaining integration and sustaining growth.
“Companies are increasingly looking for integrators that can provide specialized IT services and solutions, and help clients plan, build, support, and manage their IT infrastructures,” said Siddeek Rahim, managing director of dimension data for the Middle East Region.
“Success will depend on the ability of the solution provider to leveraging new technologies, with the goal of driving optimal business performance.”
Companies have to increasingly design a top-down approach to boost their IT infrastructure in order to grow. Vendors must take a holistic approach to supplying this demand.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr