EMPA to distribute SMC products in Mideast
Dubai, April 17, 2008
IT distribution firm EMPA has been appointed as the authorised Middle East distributor for California-based SMC Networks.
SMC Networks leverages manufacturing resources and strategic relationships to bring to market a growing range of affordable, leading-edge products; including gigabit and fast ethernet switching, wireless networking, broadband connectivity products as well as traditional wired network adapters, the company said in a statement.
“We are pleased to sign this distribution agreement with SMC Networks as it expands our portfolio of high quality products we are currently distributing in the Middle East and Pakistan,” said Empa Middle East sales and marketing director Shahood Khan.
“As SMC looks to build its share in the high potential Middle East markets, we are committed to offering them our total support and expertise to help achieve their objectives.
“The significant surge in internet usage in the region has boosted demand for broadband connectivity products, especially in the small office / home office segment, and we are certain that SMC will be able to capitalise on this demand effectively.”
“We are glad to appoint EMPA as our regional distributor since they have an excellent track record of working with several major vendors. We look forward to leveraging EMPA’s in-depth knowledge of the regional market and their proven expertise in distributing network connectivity products and LAN hardware. With the number of internet users in the Middle East expected to cross the 25 million mark in 2008, we see tremendous potential in this market, making it vital for us to work with a trusted partner to distribute our comprehensive range of high performance networking solutions,” said SMC Networks managing director Jamshed Mehdi.
EMPA recently completed a new facility and headquarters in Jebel Ali to accommodate its rapidly expanding operations and workforce, with a built up area of 40,700 square foot on a 84000 sq ft plot, the facility is the largest by any IT distributor in the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya