Synovate Gulf names new MD
Dubai, May 17, 2008
Global market research company Synovate has appointed George Christodoulides as managing director of Synovate Gulf with responsibility for the company’s business in the UAE, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
Based in Dubai, he replaces Andreas Zachariou, who has been named executive director - Consumer Insights for Central/Eastern Europe and the Middle East (CEEME).
Previously, Christodoulides was managing director of Central Europe (Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic) for two years. He earlier served as general manager for Synovate Hungary, where he more than tripled that market’s revenues in four years.
Christodoulides started his market research career at Synovate in Cyprus 15 years ago. He is no stranger to the Middle East, having been based in Dubai from 1995 until 1997 leading several regional accounts in the FMCG, automotive and financial sectors.
Synovate CEO for CEEME Kurt Thompson said that under Zachariou’s leadership, the company’s business in the Gulf markets has been on a constant growth path.
“In his exciting new role, Andreas will be working with our teams across the CEEME markets to add greater value to our insights and partner with our clients to take research in innovative new directions,” said Thompson.
Pointing out that Christodoulides was instrumental to Synovate’s continued growth in the very competitive Central European market, Thompson looks forward to similar success in the Gulf.
“George has made a very positive contribution to Synovate, thanks to his strong management and client-service skills. Our immediate goal is to expand Synovate’s offerings across a wider range of sectors in the Gulf, and George is ideally suited to take on this challenge,” he added.- TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract