Etisalat signs MoU with Khalifa Fund
Abu Dhabi, May 28, 2008
Etisalat has signed a deal with Khalifa Fund to support the development of small and medium businesses (SMBs) in the UAE.
This memorandum of understanding will leverage the combined strengths of both entities to create a strategic platform for supporting SMBs through mutual training, exchanging expertise and creating a superior technology infrastructure, according to a statement.
The Khalifa Fund was established with the objective of offering business opportunities to Emirati entrepreneurs and to help nurture medium sized businesses in the UAE.
Under the agreement, Etisalat will offer tailor made business solutions that will enable SMBs to be more efficient, productive and competitive.
The MoU was signed by Etisalat chief marketing officer Essa Al Haddad and Khalifa Fund deputy CEO and operations director Ibrahim Al Mansoori at the Etisalat Stand in MECOM.
The Khalifa Fund has been instrumental in setting up numerous successful SMBs in the region by providing financial assistance and business incubation centers to local entrepreneurs to operate their businesses.
With the assistance of Etisalat, SMBs will be provided with training programs and workshops to empower them with the skills and knowledge they need to compete in today’s global economy. Khalifa Fund was established in June 2007 with a view to providing suitable investments in SMBs in order to help them develop so that they play a effective role in enhancing the UAE economy.
The fund focuses on training young Emirati entrepreneurs so that they have the capabilities to run their own businesses through provision of training courses along with financial support through three programmes namely “Bedaya”, “Zeyada” and “Khutwa” .
”SMBs are an integral part of our domestic industry and play a critical role in the ongoing development of the economy. Khalifa Fund is committed to supporting SMBs through technical support, consultation and other services in addition to providing them with financial incentives. The Khalifa Fund will soon sign similar agreements with relevant government sectors who are actively involved with the SMB sector,” said Al Mansoori.
“SMBs represent a large part of businesses in the UAE and constitute the backbone of the economy. Khalifa Fund is pleased to be associated with Etisalat. Together, we hope to help SMBs develop the necessary skills and capabilities they need to be successful,” said Al Mansoori.
“Small and medium businesses are facing a major challenge - how to grow aggressively to meet industry demands while protecting themselves from debt and inflation costs,” said Al Haddad.
“Mobility solutions, such as mobile email, managed services and mobile payments are perfect options for companies looking to expand their businesses. It is an honor for Etisalat to be associated with Khalifa Fund to help SMBs in the UAE. We see ourselves as a responsible and long-term partner to businesses in the region and this initiative marks a step forward in supporting the growth of the local economy,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit