Hi-tech expo on way
Manama, August 13, 2008
The first international conference and exhibition on intelligent systems will open in Bahrain on December 1 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
It will be held under the auspices of Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
Bahrain Society of Engineers (BSE) is co-ordinating the event with the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC) and the Engineering and Technology Institute.
The pan-Arab Telecommunications and ICT Commission, an offshoot of the Arab Engineering Union is supporting the event.
King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology deputy president for research Dr Turki Saud Al Saud will be chairman.
’The three-day event, the first of its kind in the Arab world, will focus on global trends in engineering and computing systems,’ BSE chairman Abdulmajid Al Qassab said.
An exhibition showcasing the latest technological and artificial intelligence equipment will also be held on the sidelines.
The conference will bring together specialists from research centres and universities in Japan, Switzerland, Britain, the US, Egypt, in addition to the GCC.
Several research papers will also be presented as part of efforts to transfer expertise and technological edge.
The products embrace a wide range of sectors, particularly telecommunications, computational intelligence, industrial automotive technology, Internet and cyber security.
Iris recognition devices will also go on display.
A website has already been designed to provide a regular update on the conference details and useful links. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network