Oracle launches VM templates
Dubai, August 17, 2008
Oracle has launched its VM templates to enable rapid deployment of enterprise software.
They offer a time-saving approach to deploying a fully configured software stack by providing pre-installed and pre-configured images of enterprise software.
They also enable customers to reduce installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance costs.
Oracle VM supports both Oracle and non-Oracle applications and offers customers scalable, low-cost server virtualization backed by the IT major’s world-class support.
The templates also help eliminate the need to install new products from scratch thereby offering faster time to market. Customers can simply copy Oracle VM templates to the server where Oracle VM resides and they will have a fully installed and configured software environment.
“Customers are experiencing increased challenges as the volume of information in their data centre continues to grow rapidly, leading to added hardware and energy costs and a depletion of server resources,” said Wim Coekaerts, vice president Linux Engineering, Oracle.
“The combination of Oracle VM templates and Oracle VM offers customers the full benefits of server virtualization, leading to further lowering the cost of data centre operations and contributing to green IT,’ he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends