Oracle launches VM templates
Dubai, August 17, 2008
Oracle has launched its VM templates to enable rapid deployment of enterprise software.
They offer a time-saving approach to deploying a fully configured software stack by providing pre-installed and pre-configured images of enterprise software.
They also enable customers to reduce installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance costs.
Oracle VM supports both Oracle and non-Oracle applications and offers customers scalable, low-cost server virtualization backed by the IT major’s world-class support.
The templates also help eliminate the need to install new products from scratch thereby offering faster time to market. Customers can simply copy Oracle VM templates to the server where Oracle VM resides and they will have a fully installed and configured software environment.
“Customers are experiencing increased challenges as the volume of information in their data centre continues to grow rapidly, leading to added hardware and energy costs and a depletion of server resources,” said Wim Coekaerts, vice president Linux Engineering, Oracle.
“The combination of Oracle VM templates and Oracle VM offers customers the full benefits of server virtualization, leading to further lowering the cost of data centre operations and contributing to green IT,’ he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network