Oracle launches VM templates
Dubai, August 17, 2008
Oracle has launched its VM templates to enable rapid deployment of enterprise software.
They offer a time-saving approach to deploying a fully configured software stack by providing pre-installed and pre-configured images of enterprise software.
They also enable customers to reduce installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance costs.
Oracle VM supports both Oracle and non-Oracle applications and offers customers scalable, low-cost server virtualization backed by the IT major’s world-class support.
The templates also help eliminate the need to install new products from scratch thereby offering faster time to market. Customers can simply copy Oracle VM templates to the server where Oracle VM resides and they will have a fully installed and configured software environment.
“Customers are experiencing increased challenges as the volume of information in their data centre continues to grow rapidly, leading to added hardware and energy costs and a depletion of server resources,” said Wim Coekaerts, vice president Linux Engineering, Oracle.
“The combination of Oracle VM templates and Oracle VM offers customers the full benefits of server virtualization, leading to further lowering the cost of data centre operations and contributing to green IT,’ he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite