Batelco awards key contract to Swedish firm
Manama, August 19, 2008
Batelco has awarded a mediation contract to Ascade, a Swedish provider for the interconnect market.
It has successfully implemented Ascade’s next generation mediation platform, Real Time Mediation.
Batelco made a thorough evaluation of the existing systems and implementation project options in the market and found Real Time Mediation to be the most flexible solution to handle Batelco’s expanding and advanced service portfolio, said a report.
Important factors in Batelco’s decision process were to identify a mediation platform that provides true capabilities to manage any type of communication networks and services with full flexibility.
Another key component was to identify the right implementation partner that could meet the tight project schedule without compromising Batelco’s high quality demands.
With Real Time Mediation from Ascade, Batelco found a solution that provides a high degree of self-sufficiency and a low cost of ownership over years to come.
’Over the past two years Ascade has experienced a strong growth in the region and advanced implementation projects like at Batelco help us to gradually build up our resources in the Middle East,’ said Ascade Middle East regional director Paul Ekberg.
’The implementation project started in November last year and was successfully delivered by May this year on time and on budget,’ said Batelco networks and technology general manager Ebrahim Zainal.
’Ascade has proven to be the efficient product and implementation partner that we were looking for,’ he added. - TradeArabia News service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs