Mena Telecom inspects WiMAX site
Manama, September 21, 2008
Mena Telecom, an investment subsidiary of Kuwait Finance House (Bahrain), opened the doors to its main operation site on Saturday as the facility was inspected by Mena Telecom management and executives.
Among the visitors were KFH - Bahrain executive manager and vice-chairman and managing director of Mena Telecom Abdul Razak Jawahery, Officer Mena Telecom chief executive Dr Laith Sadiq, chief technical officer Hisham Abdulaal and Motorola management and staff.
During the visit, technicians demonstrated various technologies that have been incorporated into the world's first end-to-end WiMAX operation centre, assuring that users will enjoy the clearest, fastest, most secure and most convenient internet connection available in the region today.
In addition to the unmatched clarity of Mena's VOIP system, users will soon enjoy the benefits of WiMAX 802.16e full mobility capability.
During the tour, several WiMAX-capable devices were revealed; including PBX systems for businesses, USB dongles, laptops and mobile phones.
This move came following Thursday's announcement that Mena Telecom will be ready to commence a full nation-wide launch of its WiMAX service ahead of schedule and in one phase.
"We've been through many months of tedious testing," said Jawahery. "we are very happy that our work has progressed so fast, and we are honoured to be involved in bringing this technological breakthrough to the Kingdom."-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit