Libyan funds mull T.Italia stake
Tripoli, October 30, 2008
Libyan sovereign funds are talking to Telecom Italia and other Italian companies about possible stake purchases, Saif Al Islam Gaddafi, the son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, said on Thursday.
Libyan funds have recently raised their stake in Italian bank UniCredit to 4.9 percent, becoming the second biggest shareholder in the bank.
"Our people are talking with Telecom. I think they are talking about investments or buying funds," Saif said, later specifying that meant taking stakes.
"Our people are talking to Italian companies, big companies, banks," he told reporters on the sidelines of an Italian-Libyan meeting in Rome, speaking in English. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project