Hitachi Data Systems to set up base in DSO
Dubai, December 1, 2008
The Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) today announced its agreement with Hitachi Data Systems to locate its Middle East and North Africa (Mena) headquarters at the Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO).
The Oasis is the region’s premier integrated innovations hub for high-tech industries.
The agreement was signed by Shahla Ahmed Abdul Razak, deputy chief executive officer, DSOA and Tony Ward, general manager and sales director, Hitachi Data Systems Menat (Mena and Turkey). The company, specialising in storage infrastructure platforms, storage management software and storage consulting services, will commence its Mena operations from the Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) headquarters this month.
Commenting on this agreement, Shahla said: “Since our inception, DSO has continuously received substantial interest from major regional and international businesses. The combination of freehold operations, state-of-the-art infrastructure, premium facilities and support services are some of the specific advantages that businesses seek for expanding operations and entering this regional market.
“Hitachi Data Systems joins some of the prestigious international brands already present at Dubai Silicon Oasis. As a pioneer in the international storage business, Hitachi Data Systems will benefit from this strategic collaboration, which also will help us realize our long term plans and objectives. At the same time, our mutual commitment to innovation and development will help to bring significant benefits to the technology sector in the region” Shahla added.
Tony Ward of Hitachi Data Systems said: “Our decision to move our regional headquarters to Dubai Silicon Oasis is part of our long term strategy to strengthen operations in the region. DSO is an ideal choice for us as it offers an innovative business infrastructure and a value-added proposition. Our business is expanding and we’re growing our team as well as our network of partners.”
Specializing in storage systems across enterprises and SMBs, Hitachi Data Systems is recognised by industry analysts and associations as a clear technology leader. The explosive growth of data-intensive applications and an increasing reliance on information as a competitive differentiator have made data storage a central component of corporate strategies. Hitachi Data Systems works with organisations to recommend storage strategies, solutions and implementation plans that address their challenges in a cost-effective way.
Encompassing state-of-the-art office towers, research and development zones, educational institutions, luxury apartments, villas, hotels, and healthcare facilities, the 7.2 km master-planned Dubai Silicon Oasis community offers exclusive business space, and a full spectrum of lifestyle facilities. The technology hub currently hosts more than 160 regional and international companies. –TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch