AMEC opts for Trend Micro Network
Dubai, December 3, 2008
AMEC, an international engineering and project management company with 23,000 employees in more than 30 countries worldwide, is using Trend Micro Enterprise Security for fast, multi-layered, integrated global network protection.
Powered by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network, next-generation cloud-client content security infrastructure designed to protect customers from Web threats, Trend Micro Enterprise Security helps AMEC minimise the time it takes to identify risks, and deploy and manage solutions, said a company official.
With a large global IT infrastructure and employees that work in and out of the office, AMEC needed a security company who could provide solutions that scale to meet their complex security needs.
“After an internal evaluation showed that Trend Micro was doing a better job than our other security vendors,” said IT technical manager for global infrastructure at AMEC Bill S Dishman.
“We moved completely to Trend Micro Enterprise Security for all of AMEC. Trend Micro continues to meet all of our requirements, and we are encouraged the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network-powered products will help us stay ahead of the latest threats. Their unique capabilities have not only helped to protect us better, but have made my job easier, too.”
Trend Micro Enterprise Security solutions used by AMEC includes integrated Trend Micro NeatSuite Advanced protection for: Endpoints (Trend Micro OfficeScan Client/Server Edition), Messaging (Trend Micro ScanMail Suite for Microsoft Exchange) and Gateways (Trend Micro InterScan Messaging Security Suite and InterScan Web Security Suite).
NeatSuite Advanced also includes Trend Micro Control Manager, which the AMEC IT team relies on for centralized management and reporting.
“Trend Micro Enterprise Security is such an integral part of our environment that we don’t even think about security much anymore,” said Dishman.
“We run it across our whole WAN, and unlike most companies of our size we have never had a major security incident. Through the years, we’ve seen that Trend Micro has increased the level of automation and taken a great deal of the work off of our shoulders. Web threats have greatly escalated, but Trend Micro Enterprise Security keeps putting more protection in the cloud and we see the results.
“We get faster protection without having to increase the burden on our network or staff. In the ‘old days,’ security was a lot of work. Today, Trend Micro Enterprise Security has really changed things. We install it, it runs, and we trust it. We are really glad that we got started early with Trend Micro.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services