Nexans picks Jordanian partner
Amman, December 17, 2008
Nexans, the worldwide leader in the cable industry and an expert in LAN cabling solutions, announced that it has signed STS, a leading system integrator, as its partner in Jordan.
With this new partnership, the cabling solutions vendor will extend its footprint into Jordan’s fast growing ICT market.
Nexans also announced the appointment of its new business development manager in Jordan, who will help oversee the operations.
Speaking on the partnership, Tarek Helmy, regional director Gulf & Middle East, Nexans Cabling Solutions, said, "Over the past six months, we have expanded our presence in the region through strategic tie-ups and partnerships."
"STS has an impeccable track record in the Jordanian market for its project management as well as implementation expertise across all the key vertical segments including data centers."
"STS, which has a strong team of experts with solid local experience, will be a solid partner for Nexans in tapping new opportunities in Jordan. The new partnership will hold the key to providing better solutions and service to our customers in various market sectors," he noted.
The new appointment comes close on the heels of some remarkable growth that Nexans has seen over the past few quarters and the vendor has been quick to respond with its expansion plans.
It has already appointed partners in some of the GCC markets including Saudi Arabia to consolidate its growth and to deploy its best-in-class solutions.
"We have been bringing some innovative solutions to market consistently. With the recent announcements of new channel partners, we have also made it clear that we are committed to the Middle East market and are here to stay and support our customers through our carefully chosen partners," Helmy explained.
"We have also been increasing our own presence in these markets and in Jordan for instance, we have appointed a business development manager based out of there and dedicated to Jordan market with the key tasks to support the channel partners and further promote Nexans solutions to major key customers and end users,” he added.
Nexans recently introduced some revolutionary cabling products such as LANmark 6A and LANmark 7A solutions that have been recently defined by cabling standards organizations.
In addition, it has showcased its much anticipated green initiative product - the LANsense Next Generation Analyser, which not only saves power but also reduces heat output in data center environments.
The manufacturer has a comprehensive product portfolio that includes enterprise LAN infrastructure, data center solutions, remote branch networks, smart building / converged IP applications and its complete solutions for Intelligent Infrastructure Management.
Nexans will entrust STS with taking its cutting-edge solutions to market as part of large project installations. Jordan, like some of its neighbouring GCC markets, has seen some rapid increase in ICT infrastructural investments and STS has been at the forefront as a leading system integrator.
“We believe in establishing partnerships with industry leading vendors. Our tie-up with Nexans will helps us provide scalable and robust LAN cabling solutions for customers in telecom, Oil & Gas and other verticals," said Husam Katkhoda, Networking Director at STS.
"This will be backed with the world-class system integration practises including pre-sales activities, staging environments and after-sales service and support that are integral to STS work culture," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase