Qtel to begin Indosat tender on Jan.20
Doha, January 17, 2009
Qatar Telecommunications Company (Qtel) said on Saturday it would begin tender offers for PT Indosat in Indonesia and the United States on Tuesday.
"The Company is offering to purchase up to 1,314,466,775 series B shares, including series B shares underlying American Depositary Shares of Indosat, which is listed on both the Indonesian and New York stock exchanges," Qtel said in a statement.
The shares represent 24.19 percent of Indosat's total issued and outstanding shares," Qtel said.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo