Samena hosts Riyadh Regulatory Summit 2009
Dubai, January 20, 2009
Samena Telecommunications Council, in association with Saudi Telecom Company (STC) organised the Riyadh Regulatory Summit 2009 recently.
Samena is a non-profit telecommunications association that aims to promote collaboration and knowledge-sharing across 25 countries in the Samena region.
The 2009 Summit was well attended by the regions’ top executives of the telecommunications industry and addressed a number of central and critical issues.
Discussions revolved around the GCC market potential and GCC regulatory evolution among other key topics.
A highlight of the summit was the Executive Session which featured a panel discussion with key telecoms executives who provided their vision for the industry as they look into the future of telecoms in the GCC. They provided strategic viewpoints based on their understanding of the critical issues that will impact the telecoms sector in the region.
“The Riyadh Regulatory summit of 2009 is an important and vital event in the telecommunications industry. This important congregation of telecommunications professionals will help decision makers to adopt the latest developments.
'In addition to getting acquainted with the potential and the regulatory evolution of the GCC markets the summit also aimed at achieving shared features that will enhance progression and development of telecommunications horizons in the region,” said Thomas Wilson, chief, Samena.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services