Bintel unveils $250m expansion plans
Manama, January 27, 2009
Bintel, one of the key telecom service providers in the Middle East and Africa region, has unveiled major investment plans as part of its strategic expansion programme.
The Bahrain-based company plans to enter into at least three new markets in Africa in the next two years and has allocated $250 million for investment in the region, said a statement.
Alawi Baroum, CEO of Bintel, said: “As one of the most dynamic and innovative companies in the regional telecommunications sphere, Bintel is aligned to its strategic ambitions and has set its sights on becoming one of the leading players in Africa and other emerging markets. We are moving to expand steadily our geographical reach and service portfolio as we look to consolidate our market position and realise our long-term goals.”
“With a short-term investment budget of $250 million for the next two years, one can be sure to hear a lot more about Bintel in the months to come,” Baroum added.
Established in 2007, Bintel, whose Middle East offices are located in Bahrain, Dubai and Lebanon, has already built a significant presence in Africa, operating GSM networks in Central African Republic (since mid-2007) and Somaliland (since mid-2008).
The company has entered into strategic alliances with a number of leading telecom solutions providers and Integrators such as Huawei, ZTE and SITEG Telecom.
In early 2008, Bintel acquired a majority stake in Telesonique, a Swiss-based wholesale traffic company, as part of its strategy to build a reliable network of telecommunications services strategic partners, the statement said. –TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit