Batelco selects Velti technology
Barcelona, February 19, 2009
Velti, a global leader in mobile marketing and advertising services, has announced a deal to provide its Mobile Marketing Platform (MMP) to manage Batelco's future mobile advertising strategies.
Mobile advertising campaigns powered by Velti are expected to start in the first half of 2009.
The MMP is managed through one single ‘dashboard’ interface and it encompasses more than 70 ready-to-use campaign templates, enabling thousands of different mobile campaigns from the simplest SMS opt-in text messaging campaign through to branded mobile communities and loyalty clubs.
The MMP offers varying licensing models giving customers the option of managing campaigns themselves or using Velti to manage the entire process from planning through to execution and evaluation.
'Velti’s MMP platform is a great innovation that will allow us to manage, execute and measure advertising campaigns for leading brands in the Middle East,' said Batelco general manager for product development & strategy, Hamza Ali.
'Accountability of media is a key element and the MMP will ensure our mobile inventories are working as effectively as possible.'
'The key to choosing Velti was not only its advanced technology but also the breadth of the relationships the company has with global advertising agencies, which is critical to making best use of Batelco’s advertising inventories,' he added.
'Velti’s MMP will provide the tools for Batelco to plan, deliver and report on mobile advertising campaigns across a variety of inventories; from SMS & MMS to WAP banners or video pre-roll,' said Alex Moukas, CEO at Velti.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services