GCAA launches e-services portal
Abu Dhabi, March 25, 2009
General Civil Aviation Authority’s (GCAA) chairman and Minister of Economy Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansouri today (March 25) launched its new web portal and e-services.
“The GCAA successfully achieved the strategic objective set by the Federal Government of transforming 50 per cent of its services to electronic by the end of 2008,” said Saif Mohammed Al Suwaidi, director general of GCAA.
“It is ready to provide 82 e-services to the customers in order to simply the procedure which will be an alternative to the traditional way of using papers,” he added.
The GCAA initiated the development of its electronic infrastructure and integrating international standards into the information technology to utilise the benefit of communication technologies.
This initiative was taken to enhance the quality and range of services provided by the Authority to its customers and other government entities.
This also included alignment of security policies to protect electronic resources and to enable integration with future requirements to intensify the use of technology in all GCAA functions.
All the efforts have been to harness development of Infrastructure and electronic services using the latest technology in order to ensure a solid platform for building of other e-services in the future.
E-services will be available to all GCAA customers at gcaa.ae. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch