SanDisk and Redington Gulf ink key pact
Dubai, May 7, 2009
SanDisk, the global inventor of flash storage cards, has entered into a strategic partnership with Redington Gulf, a leading IT distributor and supply chain solutions provider in Mena.
The alliance will bring the range of SanDisk storage products to a wider market by utilising the expertise and established distribution networks of Redington Gulf.
“As the one of the foremost distributors of consumer electronics products in the Middle East and Africa, Redington Gulf is the perfect partner for us,” said Stephen Daverio, VP and general manager of Sales at SanDisk, Europe Middle East and Africa.
“We see personal flash storage devices market growing exponentially in the near future. And in our own current portfolio there is a need to have personal flash storage as a product range,” stated Ashish Bharti, VP – PC and Components Division, Redington Gulf.
“Redington will provide its unmatched distribution strength to brand SanDisk. We have over 5,000 channel partners, 600 employees, distributing 22 global brands in 20 countries serviced by 35 state-of-the-art service centres,” he added.
At the same time, SanDisk announced the appointment of Gadgets International FZE as its merchandising partner. The chief remit of Gadgets is to enhance the presence and awareness of SanDisk and its products in GCC markets.
“This partnership with Gadgets complements our agreement with Redington Gulf and together we will make SanDisk an even more effective market leader,” said Tareq Husseini, Mediterranean, Middle East and Africa sales director, SanDisk.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution