BBM upgrades Finance Ministry's IT infrastructure
Manama, May 7, 2009
Bahrain Business Machines (BBM) has completed the migration of the IT infrastructure of Bahrain’s Ministry of Finance, using the latest IBM platforms.
Financial Management Information System (FMIS) is a set of financial applications which the ministry can utilise to record and report the financial and budgetary affairs of the Government. This system is accessed online by 1,450 users across 33 ministries in the country.
'The company was selected in adherence to the provisions of the Bahrain Tender Law as it fully met the financial and technical requirements of the process compared to other bidders,' said Ismail Abdulnabi Al Marhoon, assistant undersecretary for Resources and Information, Ministry of Finance.
'We are committed to providing the most developed IT infrastructure to Bahrain so that employees, citizens and residents would have a satisfactory experience in using government services,' added Abdulla Ishaq, country general manager, BBM.
BBM is the Bahrain operations of Gulf Business Machines (GBM) the largest IT solutions and service providers in the region and sole distributors of selected IBM products and services in the region (excluding Saudi Arabia).-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo