Avaya to showcase innovative 'Media Phone'
Dubai, May 10, 2009
Avaya will unveil the ‘Media Phone,’ a cross between a telephone and PC, at the upcoming International Hotel Technology Forum (IHTF) in Dubai.
A leading communication solutions provider, Avaya will give hoteliers the first regional preview of its new hospitality solution that allows direct access to applications and Internet-based information through a large color touch screen with a high-quality phone.
The media phone, created specifically for hotels, boasts of a large colour home screen that provides one-touch access to hotel-specific services and the Internet.
The focus for Avaya at IHTF is demonstrating to the hotel community how its unified communications solutions and integration can deliver an unprecedented customer experience as well as competitive advantage in the current economic climate.
From summoning a butler to finding dining hot-spots, Avaya solutions will delight guests from check-in to check-out, said an Avaya official.
"The hospitality vertical is experiencing two challenges – an increase in customer expectation about in-room experience and access to information and entertainment, as well as significant competition for both leisure and business travelers in a more trying economy," said Frederick Sabty, hospitality solutions director, Avaya Europe, Middle East and Africa.
"Avaya’s solutions created specifically for hotels, including the newly-developed ‘media phone,’ enable hotels in the Middle East and beyond to create previously unavailable customer experiences which enhance service and act as a competitive differentiator for the property," he noted.
In addition to providing a preview of its new Avaya Media Phone for hotels, the communications leader will also use the IHTF to showcase Avaya desk phones with features and functionality specifically designed for the hospitality industry.
These models with a simple user interface can act as in-room phones and also provide information on dining, spa treatments, directories, maps, weather conditions.
"The hospitality sector has become a central element of Avaya’s business, given that communications and information is vital to leisure and business guests," Sabty noted.
"At the same time, we’re developing and delivering communications solutions for the back-office functions in the hotel industry, to boost productivity and reduce costs."
"Avaya appreciates that retaining guests and operating more efficiently are vital to the entire industry, and IHTF gives Avaya the platform to highlight how we are working with hotels in the Middle East and elsewhere," he added.
Avaya’s industry-specific hospitality solutions are at work for guests and staff at Atlantis the Palm, Jumeirah’s Burj Al Arab Hotel, Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts, Wynn Resorts and hundreds of other hotels and resorts around the world.
Avaya is also the headline sponsor of the IHTF which runs from May 14 to 17.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services