Mena Telecom unveils WiFi WiMAX
Manama, June 7, 2009
Mena Telecom, an investment subsidiary of Kuwait Finance House - Bahrain, has launched a new WiMAX device that has built-in WiFi connectivity.
With this the customers can now wirelessly link multiple devices to the WiFi-enabled CPE throughout their premises, said a company official.
This will also provide savings to customers as they will not be required to buy wireless routers to achieve this.
"At Mena Telecom it is important for us to keep offering the latest and most advanced devices with all our products," said KFH - Bahrain executive manager and vice-chairman and managing director of Mena Telecom Abdul Razak Jawahery.
"Our customers can rest assured that they will always be getting the best value for their money, while using the latest devices that will offer them convenience, and save them time and money," he added.
Mena Telecom is the first company in the world to launch a nationwide WiMAX end-to-end using WiMAX 802.16e technology.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi