Mena Telecom unveils WiFi WiMAX
Manama, June 7, 2009
Mena Telecom, an investment subsidiary of Kuwait Finance House - Bahrain, has launched a new WiMAX device that has built-in WiFi connectivity.
With this the customers can now wirelessly link multiple devices to the WiFi-enabled CPE throughout their premises, said a company official.
This will also provide savings to customers as they will not be required to buy wireless routers to achieve this.
"At Mena Telecom it is important for us to keep offering the latest and most advanced devices with all our products," said KFH - Bahrain executive manager and vice-chairman and managing director of Mena Telecom Abdul Razak Jawahery.
"Our customers can rest assured that they will always be getting the best value for their money, while using the latest devices that will offer them convenience, and save them time and money," he added.
Mena Telecom is the first company in the world to launch a nationwide WiMAX end-to-end using WiMAX 802.16e technology.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum