IBM plans Saudi roadshows
Riyadh, June 8, 2009
IBM and Saudi Business Machines (SBM), the general marketing and services representatives of IBM WTC are organizing ‘Move Upto IBM System x Roadshows’ in three cities to showcase its new generation systems.
The company will showcase System x, BladeCenter, iDataPlex servers and other supporting options during the road shows at Jeddah, Al-Khobar and Riyadh on June 8, 9 and 10 respectively.
These systems boast of an unbeatable combination of performance, value and energy efficiency.
IBM BladeCenter and System x are designed for a broad set of client needs from large enterprises to general businesses and high performance computing.
IBM's line of x86 systems are backed by hundreds of patents and 100 number one performance benchmarks over the last 10 years.
During that time, IBM invested a half a billion dollars in X-Architecture innovations. The result has been a very strong position, particularly in scalable systems, said a company official.
”Our System x Server just became the first single x86 system to burst through the 1 million transactions per minute barrier with the TPC-C benchmark.”
“IBM BladeCenter uses up to 50 percent less floor space and up to 35 percent less energy than competitor rack servers without sacrificing performance,” he added.
With virtualization, new workloads do not have to mean new servers. IBM virtualization keeps your IT infrastructure dynamic, IBM's model for building a smarter planet through agile, efficient IT delivery that helps provide the freedom to drive your business innovation.
IBM System x and BladeCenter virtualization solutions has several key features including increased server utilization; reduced system management complexity; lower power and cooling costs; reduced demand for data centre floor space and lower IT total cost of ownership.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum